In compliance with provincial guidelines, the Mattawa Assessment Centre has expanded its parameters for COVID-19 testing to the population of Mattawa and surrounding areas. Testing is now available if you meet any of the three categories listed below.
- Do you have at least one of the following COVID-19 symptoms?
- Fever – temperature or 37.8 C° or higher
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgia)
- Nausea/vomiting/diarrhea/abdominal pain
- Pink Eye (conjunctivitis)
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
- Are you concerned that you may have been exposed to COVID-19?
- Are you are employed where you are at risk of exposure to COVID-19 (essential workers – e.g. health care workers, grocery store employees, food processing).
If you answered yes to any of the three questions above, you qualify for COVID-19 testing. You may book your appointment at the Mattawa Assessment Centre by calling the Registration Department at the Hôpital de Mattawa Hospital at 705-744-5511 ext. 0. They will give you the date and time for your appointment.
The current hours of the Mattawa Assessment Centre are Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. (noon). The Mattawa Assessment Centre is located within the Hpital de Mattawa Hospital
Protect Yourself and Those around You
Remember to continue to practice social distancing and limit your time outside. Go for walks and exercise with people you live with but avoid large groups and crowds. Try to go grocery shopping once a week or less when possible. Only visit pharmacies and banks when absolutely necessary. Try to place orders over the phone or online when the service is available. Continue to maintain an area of at least 6 feet (2 meters) from people you don’t live with in parks and stores. Stay safe!